Why Red Tag?
- Rates of theft in film and music retailing are alarmingly and unacceptably high.
- Anti-theft counter measures have created barriers to sales, slashing sales volumes and retailer profits.
- They involve repackaging product, reduce shelf space and increase labour costs.
- Designing a retailing environment with thieves in mind actually creates a culture that puts people off buying.
- Tackling part of the problem doesn't work - a holistic approach was needed to crack the problem once and for all.
What is Red Tag?
- A simple but strong red plastic security tag that is inserted into the new Amaray box design.
- Comes in all main security formats - AM, RF and EM.
- Slides under the disc hub, locking the product in place. *Clamps the box tightly shut so the box cannot be opened unless excessive force is applied.
- When excessive force is applied, box is deliberately designed to break with a loud cracking sound.
- Product may fracture. Box ruined. Black market value destroyed. Otherwise known as 'benefit denial'.
Thanks to the Red Tag security system, you can now display "live" product on the shelf. This dramatically improves customer satisfaction and service by reducing queues at the counter whilst your staff try to find the appropriate disc, especially at peak times.
By removing the need for a large stock area behind the counter you are able to improve the use of space in store, transforming the look of your premises. A clean modern look to your store that attracts new customers and encourages more repeat visits.
For the 4000 leading Rental stores already adopting Red Tag Rental, labour costs have been reduced by one third and sales have increased dramatically.